Deferred Action Approved for Mexican Client
Client: Adult Female Immigrant
Client’s Country of Origin: Mexico
Case Type: I-821D Consideration of Deferred Action for Childhood Arrival
Date of Application: May 1, 2014
Date of Approval: October 21, 2014
Our client retained Herman Legal Group to secure a deferral from immigration proceeding, for the sake of her future career.
Deferred Action for Childhood Arrival (also known as DACA) is a relatively straightforward procedure. Former U.S. President Barack Obama had used this administrative channel to help DREAMERS, mostly Latinos who arrived in the United States during childhood, avoid imminent deportation. As long as our client reasonably fit all the below mentioned criteria, our arguments for her were likely to work. However, documentation of evidence will determine the strength of your case. The better the client’s evidence, the better we can argue on his or her behalf.
We helped our client prove that she:
- Was under 31 before the mandated date.
- Was under 16 before she arrived in the U.S.
- Was physically present when requesting to the U.S.C.I.S. for deferred action.
- Was in possession of required educational or military service credential.
- Was free of criminal records, felony, misdemeanor, or national security crimes.
About five months later, our client received approval for the consideration for deferral on actions against her.