Meet Erin James
Erin James is a lawyer from Cleveland, Ohio. She is a graduate of Cleveland State University in with BA in International Relations. Erin then acquired a Master’s in International Relations from Webster University where she studied in five countries including Switzerland and China. While attending Case Western Reserve School of law, Erin served as an Executive Editor of the Journal of Law Technology and the Internet, and completed an internship in Uganda. Erin has a passion for serving the immigrant community.
AREAS OF PRACTICE:
Providing advice and employers who wish to retain foreign talent in the U.S.
Legal services for companies hiring foreign talent on a temporary basis or permanent basis.
Employment-based nonimmigrant visas:
- H-1B visas for temporary professional workers
- L visa status for multinational executives and specialized knowledge transferees
- E visas for foreign investors and treaty traders
- P visas for performers and athletes
- R-1 religious workers
EB1, EB2 and EB3 employment-based immigrant visas:
- EB1 extraordinary abilities green card
- EB1 outstanding professor and researcher green cards
- EB1 multinational manager (transferee) green cards
- EB1 religious worker (special immigrant worker) green cards
- EB2 national interest waiver green cards
- EB2 and EB3 immigrant worker green cards through labor certification/PERM process
- Schedule A green cards for nurses and physical therapists
Immigration petitions by U.S. citizen / U.S. permanent resident spouses; parents, children, brothers / sisters.
Violence Against Women Act Petitions:
Green cards for abused spouses of U.S. citizens or U.S. permanent residents.
YEARS OF PRACTICE:
- State of Ohio
LLM – Case Western Reserve University – School of Law
Bachelor of Arts in Economics and Commerce from St. Xavier’s College, University of Mumbai
LLB – University of Mumbai
Represented clients in Immigration Court in Cleveland; Before the USCIS – at family-based immigration interviews, naturalization interviews, and other matters; Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE); Cleveland Housing Court; Domestic Relations Court; the High Court of Mumbai; and other lower courts in Mumbai.
ON A PERSONAL NOTE:
Charmaine is truly a citizen of the world having resided in countries such as India, Egypt, Italy and Bangladesh during which time she formed important personal and business relationships. Her extensive travels have given her a deep perspective and compassion for diverse cultures which has proved to be an invaluable asset to our firm.
Cleveland Law Office
815 Superior Avenue, Suite 1225
Cleveland, Ohio 44114