Meet Erin James
Erin James is a lawyer from Cleveland, Ohio. While attending Case Western Reserve School of law, Erin served as an Executive Editor of the Journal of Law Technology and the Internet, and completed an internship in Uganda. She is a graduate of Cleveland State University in with BA in International Relations. Erin then acquired a Master’s in International Relations from Webster University where she studied in five countries including Switzerland and China. Erin has a passion for serving the immigrant community.
AREAS OF PRACTICE:
Representing individuals, families and companies on all facets of immigration law.
- Marriage green card
- Fiance visa (K1 visa)
- I-130 petition for family sponsorship
- I-485 adjustment of status
- I-751 petition to remove conditions on residency
- National visa center and embassy processing
- I-601 and I-601A hardship waiver (waiving fraud and unlawful presence)
- I-212 waiver of removal order
- J-1 waiver (waiver of 2-year home residency requirement, 212(e) of INA
- I-589 application for asylum, withholding of removal, convention against torture
U visa for victims of crime
- Form I-918, petition for U nonimmigrant status
- Form I-918, supplement B, U nonimmigrant status certification
Violence Against Women Act petitions:
- Green cards for abused spouses (both female and male) of U.S. citizens or U.S. permanent residents.
- Form I-360.
- Immigration bond hearings
- Cancellation of removal
- Other relief
YEARS OF PRACTICE:
- State of Ohio
Juris Doctorate, Case Western Reserve University – School of Law, Cleveland, Ohio
Global Master of Arts in International Relations, Webster University, St. Louis, Missouri
Bachelor of Arts in International Relations, Cum Laude, May 2011
Erin is available to represent clients in Cleveland, Ohio at the U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Service (USCIS) office, the Immigration Court, and Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE).
ON A PERSONAL NOTE:
Erin loves to travel around the world, learn about new cultures, and form lifelong bonds with those she connect with. Having worked abroad, at large law firms, and at the Cuyahoga Common Pleas Court, Cleveland Municipal Court, and Cleveland Catholic Charities — Immigration Division, Attorney Erin believes that mutual respect, compassion, collaboration, and hard work are the keys to sucess. These traits that Erin brings to her work make our firm particularly strong and special.
Cleveland Law Office
815 Superior Avenue, Suite 1225
Cleveland, Ohio 44114