Experts in Helping People Migrate to the U.S.

Immigrating to the United States is an exciting but complicated process. Helping a loved one immigrate to the U.S. can often be overwhelming. Whether you are trying to obtain a family green card or a fiancé visa, identifying and managing the proper immigration documentation and procedures is very complex. Richard Herman and the dedicated immigration attorneys at Herman Legal Group can help. It is important that you consult with a green card attorney / visa attorney at the beginning of the immigration process to prevent any unnecessary complications that might cause delays in being reuniting with your loved ones.

Common Types of U.S. Green Cards and U.S. Visas

  • F1 Green Card – Must be a child of U.S. citizen, at least 21 years in age, unmarried.
  • F2 Green Card – Must be a spouse or child of a U.S. permanent resident.
  • F3 Green Card – Must be a child of a U.S. citizen, married.
  • F4 Green Card – Must be a brother or sister of a U.S. citizen.
  • K1 Visa – Allows fiancé to stay in the United States for 90 days to marry a U.S. citizen while applying for their green card (permanent residency).
  • K2 Visa – Allows children (under the age of 21, unmarried) of K1 fiancé visa holders to stay in the United States while they apply for a green card.
  • K3 Visa – Allows a U.S. citizen to sponsor their spouse in the U.S. while they are applying for their green card.
  • K4 Visa – Allows children (under the age of 21, unmarried) of K3 visa holder to stay in the United States while they apply for a green card.
  • Other Visas – There are many other types of special visas designed to help immigrants enter the United States. We are experienced in helping our clients with J-1 visas, J-2 visas, L-1 visas, L-2 visas, E-2 visas, H-1B visas and H-4 visas, and can assist with all of your immigration needs.

Immediate Family Member Immigration

If you are planning to help an immediate relative immigrate to the United States, the first step is often to file a Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative. By filing this I-130 form, you will be naming yourself as the sponsor for your loved one. During this family petition process you will be required to prove that you have enough income and assets to support your family member. In some cases, the I-130 form can also be filed with an application for permanent residence (Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status).
If you are already a U.S. citizen, you can file a visa request for your immediate family members. Immediate relative visas are available for spouses, unmarried children younger than 21 years of age, adopted orphans, and even parents of a U.S. citizen who is over the age of 21 years old.
If you are not a U.S. citizen but are a lawful permanent resident of the United States, you may petition for your husband, wife, or children.

We Are Here to Help

Whether you are looking for an immigration lawyer in Cleveland or U.S. immigration lawyers in Detroit-Dearborn, Columbus, Pittsburgh or Akron-Canton to assist you with your marriage green card, fiancé visa or other family immigration needs, contact Herman Legal Group at 1 (800) 808-4013. Herman Legal Group is ready to help you manage the immigration process, reduce the stress, and maximize your opportunity for success. Contact us with marriage immigration questions or family immigration questions today.