NATURALIZATION AND CITIZENSHIP
Becoming a U.S. Citizen through Naturalization
For many Americans, becoming a United States citizen is effortless and automatic at birth. However for immigrants, becoming a U.S. citizen – and therefore obtaining the right to legally reside in the United States, travel to and from the country, gain the right to vote, and be protected under the Constitution – can be a long and difficult process. One way foreign nationals can gain full citizenship is through naturalization. Consulting with an immigration lawyer in Detroit, Cleveland or Columbus is the best way to reach your goals.
Requirement for Naturalization
Before an individual applies for naturalization, they generally must meet the following requirements:
Steps to Naturalization
There are typically 10 steps in the naturalization process*.
- Determine if you are already a U.S. citizen
- Determine your eligibility to become a U.S. citizen
- Prepare Form N-400, Application for Naturalization
- Submit Form N-400, Application for Naturalization
- Attend your biometrics appointment (fingerprinting and identity check)
- Complete the interview (includes Speaking, Reading, Writing, and Civics tests)
- Receive decision from United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)
- Receive your notice to take the Oath of Allegiance to the United States
- Take the Oath of Allegiance to the United States
- Understand your rights and responsibilities as a U.S. Citizen
*Source = USCIS
We Are Here To Help
Herman Legal Group can help you walk through the naturalization process and review every aspect of your naturalization case. Our immigration lawyers engage in detailed one-on-one conversations to get acquainted with the circumstances regarding your particular case. We have a long history of helping immigrants on the path to citizenship. Contact Richard Herman today at 1 (800) 808-4013 for help with your naturalization application. We are conveniently located near U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services offices and Immigration Courts.