Client: Adult Male Student Wishing to Transfer from B-2 to F-1 Status
Client’s Country of Origin: China
Case Type: I-539 Application to Extend / Change Nonimmigrant Status
Date of Application: December 11, 2000
Date of Approval: January 2, 2001

Our Chinese client retained us to secure student status by changing his status from B-2 to F-1 during his travel in the U.S. for his study in a Cleveland suburb.

Not many people know that you can transfer from one nonimmigrant status to another, and even less people know how to deal with the procedures. It may take you some time to figure out how to apply and transfer, and it will likely cost you more to do it by yourself. An experienced immigration lawyer will help you to transfer successfully without any unnecessary risks or wasted time.

We helped our client collect sufficient evidence and prove that:

  • He was granted admission by the perspective school, which issued I-20.
  • He had enough available support from relatives in Cleveland for the duration of his study

In 22 days, our client was granted F-1 status. (Standard processing time could be up to 180 days.)

At Herman Legal Group, Your Future Matters Most
Call now to request a consultation

24/7 Evening and Weekends for Virtual and In person.