Getting a Bondsman to Underwrite Bond

It is possible that that the Immigration Court will allow the detained alien to post bond, but the obligation required will be an amount that the sponsor or relative cannot afford to pay even after the amount of bail is set at the minimum of $1500. For these situations, the relative or sponsor may find a bondsman or surety company to underwrite the bond.