Which is Better: Fiancee visa (K-1) or Marriage Visa (CR-1)?

If you want to marry a U.S. citizen, you may consider applying for either a fiancé(e) (K-1) visa or a marriage-based CR-1 visa. These visas may seem similar but have very different requirements. Moreover, those will allow you to do different things on differing timelines.

2023-09-21T08:06:59-05:00Categories: Immigration Guides|Tags: , , , |

The Importance of an Interpreter and Following Attorney Advise

A few weeks ago we had a client interview for a marriage green-card case. As with many clients we prepped our clients, husband and wife, before the interview and advised them on what they can expect. Although the foreign national is proficient in English, it was clear that some of the legal terms that are used on the I-485 form was a challenge for him. The is why we advised him to bring an interpreter with him.

2023-09-23T14:25:41-05:00Categories: Immigration Articles|Tags: , |
Go to Top