The Ultimate Guide To The N 600 Application For Certificate Of Citizenship

If you were born outside of the United States to a U.S. citizen parent, or if your parents were permanent residents (green card holders) who became U.S. citizens, you may have become a U.S. citizen automatically, but you might not have any documents that show this. At some point though, you may need to be able to prove your U.S. citizenship, perhaps to obtain Social Security benefits, financial aid, or a driver’s license. A Certificate of Citizenship can serve as that proof and allow you to access these other government services and benefits.