How to Get a Copy of a Divorce Decree? Divorce Decrees and Certificates

If you want to seek a marriage-based green card, but you have been married before, bear in mind that the U.S. government requires spouses' divorce decree, a certificate of annulment, or a death certificate. In addition, if you have had more marriages, you will have to obtain such a certificate for each of them.