From L-1 Status to an EB-1C Green Card

The L-1 visa is a nonimmigrant visa with strict time limitations. Nevertheless, it is also a dual intent visa, which means that it is OK to seek permanent residence while you are in the US in L-1 status. You can also seek permanent residence for your spouse and children. Following is a brief description of how you might go about obtaining permanent residence in the US starting from L status.