Overcoming Legal Obstacles During F-1 Change Status Processing

A major difficulty for anyone with a B-1 or B-2 visa who wants to change their status to F-1 status is that - due the length of time it takes for the USCIS to consider the change request, the SEVP institution which approved the course of study may “defer” that start date. Applicants seeking to change their status to F-1 must have approved nonimmigrant status (such as B-1 or B-2 status) which extends to, at least, 30 days before school’s start date AND the F or M change request must be approved before that 30 day period.

2023-09-23T06:27:58-05:00Categories: Immigration Articles|Tags: , |

Pakistani Physician on Conditional Green Card (CR-1) Receives Permanent Green Card After Divorce

Our client retained Attorney Richard Herman of Herman Legal Group for guidance and counsel on his extremely complex situation.

Go to Top