A Guide on How to get K-1 Visa as a Fiancé(e) of the U.S. Citizen

We understand how important it is to be with your foreign partner before starting your new life and getting married. Here, we will guide you on obtaining a K-1 nonimmigrant visa and grab a chance to make plans for your dream wedding together in the United States.

2023-09-27T03:39:53-05:00Categories: Immigration Guides|Tags: , , , |

US Department of State Factors For B1 and B2 Visas including Temporary Visas for a Fiancé

According to the Foreign Affairs Manual provided by the US State Department, “Visitor visas are nonimmigrant visas for persons who want to enter the United States temporarily for business (B-1), or for pleasure (B-2), or a combination of both purposes (B-1/B-2).”

2023-09-19T08:00:03-05:00Categories: Immigration Articles|Tags: , , |

Income Requirements for Fiance Visa Processing

A problem that plagues many fiancé(e) visa sponsors is the requirement that the sponsor’s “stable” gross earnings after business deductions exceed 100 percent of the Federal Poverty Guidelines in order to qualify for sponsorship. This requirement rises to 125 percent once you marry your fiancé(e) and he or she seeks permanent residence. Moreover, these earnings must be “stable” enough to ensure your long-term financial ability to support your fiancé(e).

From Fiance Visa to Green Card: How It’s Done?

A K-1 fiancé(e) visa allows you to enter the US, and it buys you some time (90 days, to be exact) to stabilize your immigration status. Marrying your US citizen partner, however, is not the end of the story -- you are still going to need to change your status to permanent resident in order to remain in the US long-term.

Fiancé Visa Fraud: Avoiding False Accusations

Fiance visa fraud is more common than marriage-based green card fraud for a number of reasons -- because fiancé(e) visas are processed more quickly, because it is easier to establish a legitimate engagement relationship than a legitimate marriage relationship, and because it is easier to simply fail to marry a fiancé(e) than to divorce a spouse.

Obtaining Permanent Residence in the United States Through Marriage (Marriage Green Card)

“Green Card” is the popular name for a “lawful permanent resident card.”  There was a time these cards were green and the term “green card” is still being used to signify lawful permanent resident status cards.

Fiancé (K-1) Status Approved for Client’s Fiancé from China

For many officials, memories of marriage fraud cases are still fresh. Hence, the crux is to prove that the relationship is the result of love and trust. That is, the relationship is not only real but also meant to be a marriage in good faith. After all, fraud cases also had legally real relationships conjured up in haste. Extensive documentation is helpful. Retaining a lawyer at a reasonable price can help secure status for loved ones. For this type of case, credibility is the key to approval.

2023-09-23T00:38:41-05:00Categories: Success Stories|Tags: , , |

Fiancé Visa Granted to Chilean Fiancé

This type of case often leads to actual immigration. Therefore, veracity of materials presented are critical. We would prefer our clients to document their finances, keep photographic evidence of genuine relationship or courtship and email correspondence. Our case is only as strong as the evidence our clients offer.

2023-09-18T23:06:48-05:00Categories: Success Stories|Tags: , , |
Go to Top