Instructions for Form I-129: Petition for a Non-immigrant Worker

Treaty investors and employees of a treaty investor who currently reside in America with a valid nonimmigrant visa can file Form I-129 to request that their status be changed to E-2 classification. Applicants should understand that there are court decisions that may affect the continued use of I-129 Forms and any related issues. An experienced immigration lawyer can advise you of your rights and any changes in the current law.