Step by Step Guide On The I-601A Application Process

If you have accumulated six months of unlawful presence in the US, you will face a three-year bar from re-entering the US. If you have accumulated one year of unlawful presence, you could be barred from re-entering the US for ten years. The I-601A is designed to waive these bars if your inability to enter the US would cause undue hardship to a qualifying relative of yours who is a US citizen or permanent resident.