A Guide on How to get K-1 Visa as a Fiancé(e) of the U.S. Citizen

We understand how important it is to be with your foreign partner before starting your new life and getting married. Here, we will guide you on obtaining a K-1 nonimmigrant visa and grab a chance to make plans for your dream wedding together in the United States.

2023-09-27T03:39:53-05:00Categories: Immigration Guides|Tags: , , , |

How Long Will the I-129F Petition Be Valid?

When U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) approves Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé, it is valid for a certain period of time- for four months exactly. This is a different period of validity than the term of the K-1 visa. When you receive a K-1 visa, you cannot use it anytime you want, but within a limited time period as well.

2023-09-20T13:31:34-05:00Categories: Immigration Articles|Tags: , , |

How to File an I-129F for a Foreign Fiance and Get K-1 Visa?

A K-1 fiancé visa is a nonimmigrant visa that allows a foreign fiancé to enter the United States with the purpose of getting married to a U.S. citizen. An approved visa will last for six months after it gets assigned. The couple has a time frame of 90 days from the entry date to perform the wedding and apply for Adjustment of status process, which will give the fiancé a legal permanent residence in the U.S.

2023-09-19T04:08:05-05:00Categories: Immigration Articles|Tags: , , |

What are Legal Requirements for K-1 Fiance Visa?

The K1 nonimmigrant visa allows a foreign fiancé to enter the United States and get married within the next 90 days with the U.S. citizen who sponsors their petition. If the couple plans to live in the United States after getting married, the foreign spouse will have to apply for adjustment of status to get a permanent residence. The K1 visa is just temporary. By all means, it is not obligatory to stay within the United States permanently after getting married, so if there is no intention to stay, the foreign fiancé can enter the United States based on a tourist visa instead.

2023-09-21T08:58:32-05:00Categories: Immigration Guides|Tags: , , |

Form I-130 Petition for Alien Relatives: The Winning Guide

The first step on the pathway to obtaining a family-based permanent residence or green card in the United States is Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative. The Form I-130 is used by a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident to establish a qualifying relationship with the beneficiary.

How to Apply to Adjust Status After You Enter the U.S. on K-1 Visa?

When a foreign fiancé enters the United States based on a K1 nonimmigrant visa, there is a time frame of 90 days to get married to the U.S. citizen who filed a petition for an Alien fiancé. The couple should marry as soon as possible, given that breaking the deadline can lead to the deportation proceedings to the home country of the visa holder.

What is Processing Time for I-129F?

If you're loved, one is a U.S. citizen or a lawful permanent resident, and you aim to get to the United States as quickly as possible to get married, then you should consider the fiancé(e) visa. It is likely the fastest option to realize such an idea. If your goal is to get a green card as soon as possible, then a marriage-based visa will be a better option because the green card is quicker.

2023-09-25T05:56:31-05:00Categories: Immigration Articles|Tags: , , |

K-1 or CR1 for Couples: Can You Make a Choice?

The U.S. citizen can choose between different options on how to petition for a visa for the foreign fiancé or spouse who lives outside of the United Nations. The decision depends on the individual needs and possibilities of the couple in a particular case. The right thing to do when there is a dilemma is to hire an immigration attorney, which will help in choosing the right strategy. The most common options are the K-1 fiancé (nonimmigrant) visa and CR-1 marriage-based (immigrant) visa. Before answering the question can a couple make a choice, it is necessary to analyze both options.

2023-09-19T06:50:42-05:00Categories: Immigration Articles|Tags: , |

Which is Better: Fiancee visa (K-1) or Marriage Visa (CR-1)?

If you want to marry a U.S. citizen, you may consider applying for either a fiancé(e) (K-1) visa or a marriage-based CR-1 visa. These visas may seem similar but have very different requirements. Moreover, those will allow you to do different things on differing timelines.

2023-09-21T08:06:59-05:00Categories: Immigration Guides|Tags: , , , |
Go to Top