I-130 Checklist: How to submit form I-130?

If you or your foreign relative wants permanent residence (green card), you need to meet specific requirements to file your petition. Some may find that petition requirements for spouses are more exhaustive than any other relationship, but with the proper preparation, we promise this one can go smoothly as well.

Form I-130 Petition for Alien Relatives: The Winning Guide

The first step on the pathway to obtaining a family-based permanent residence or green card in the United States is Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative. The Form I-130 is used by a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident to establish a qualifying relationship with the beneficiary.

Indian Student Meets Wife on Visa; LPR Granted after Marriage

Our client, a citizen of India, was present within the US as an international student. During his study, he met a US citizen woman and fell in love. After some time, the couple united in marriage. The couple then was faced with adjusting our client’s nonimmigrant status, establishing their marital relationship, sponsoring our client for eligibility to become a lawful permanent resident—all before his student visa expires.

“Green Cards” For Your Spouse

For couples who are already married and the United States citizen or lawful permanent resident spouse would like for their foreign-born spouse to apply for a “green card,” the first step to take is to file the Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative.

Go to Top