How to apply for a CR-1 Visa?

A CR1 visa or IR1 spousal visa allows a foreign spouse married to a U.S. citizen or permanent resident to live and work in the United States. CR1 spousal visa is issued only to those married couples, same or different sex, whose marriage lasts less than two years, and that is why it is called the “conditional resident.”

What if I get an RFE or NOID with my I-485?

When the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) lack some information, it can require a notice called a Request for Evidence (RFE). RFE can address easily accessed documents, such as copies of birth certificates or diplomas, but sometimes these documents can be more complicated to acquire. It can also state which document is explicitly missing or notice that some submitted papers do not meet the criteria. However, sometimes it will be necessary to provide evidence for specific immigration law provisions.

2022-11-28T00:52:22-05:00Categories: Immigration Articles|Tags: , , |

How Can I Overcome an RFE or NOID?

Receiving a NOID and RFE may confuse you or intimidate you that it will step on your way to getting a lawful permanent residence. However, if you prepare a concise response with firm evidence, you can influence the USCIS officer's decision. Keep reading to learn what you need to do in order to overcome RFE or NOID that you have received.

2022-02-05T23:33:31-05:00Categories: Immigration Articles|Tags: , |

What to Do if You Have Received RFE or NOID?

If you have received an RFE, it means that the USCIS officer found evidence you have submitted insufficient to be granted with lawful permanent residence. In case you are unsure what to do next or how to handle the further process, then the first thing would be to contact an immigration attorney.

2023-01-11T03:51:02-05:00Categories: Immigration Articles|Tags: , |

Documentary Requirements for Overcoming the “Public Charge” Barrier

The USCIS will require extensive documentation of both Form I-944 and Form I-864. Some of these requirements are included in the instructions for these forms; however, it is possible that the USCIS will require more information than this minimum. When in doubt, it is best to provide documentation for any claim you make if it is reasonably convenient for you to do so. If you will be providing any of the foregoing information for Form I-485, you do not have to provide it twice.

Go to Top