Can You Enter the United States to Get Married on a Tourist Visa?

There are cases that foreigners who want to enter and stay indefinite in the United States try to accomplish it by getting a nonimmigrant status through a tourist visa or under the Visa Waiver Program (VWP). The next step in this pattern is to apply for the Adjustment of the status process. Why does this happen? Tourist visas are easily accessible with the U.S. consulate, and VWP allows citizens of designated states to enter the U.S. based on passport only. However, these visas and entry types are temporary and predicted to be used only for single intent visits, related, for example, to business or tourism. Any inconsistency in foreigner behavior is most likely to be interpreted as visa fraud.