How Can You Prove Your VAWA Case?

The Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) opened an opportunity for obtaining a green card for victims of domestic violence in the United States. Under VAWA, the victim can seek "adjustment of status." This means that if you were a subject to domestic violence that by using the VAWA petition, you may become lawful permanent residents.

2023-09-26T06:25:51-05:00Categories: Immigration Articles|Tags: , |

VAWA I-360 Petition for Green Card Based on Being Abused Spouse (self-petition)

If your spouse was abusive to you, you could still apply for U.S. lawful permanent residence independently. LPR status may be granted even without the help of the abusive sponsor.

2023-09-24T07:21:43-05:00Categories: Immigration Guides|Tags: , , |
Go to Top