Applicants seeking a time extension or change of status to E-2 classification must complete the application, pay the filing fee, and file the documents and fee with the correct office.
The application should include the following forms in addition to the I-539 and I-539A forms:
- Form I-94 (a front and back copy) for each applicant
- Evidence of the relationship to the principal E nonimmigrant – such as marriage certificate and divorce papers
- One or more of the following”
- Form I-129
- “A copy of the I-797 Receipt Notice related to the principal E nonimmigrant’s already pending Form I-129”
- Other authorized documents your immigration lawyer can explain
The approval for spouses and dependents does not generally authorize the right to work in the US – just the right to live in the US.
Anyone who is required to have a valid passport to be admitted into the US must keep up the validity of that passport during their non-immigrant stay.