Guidance and Future Reference

Below is a list of articles written by Richard Herman that would give you the best understanding of litigation, immigration, documentation and even videos explaining how the litigation system works. If you have any questions regarding a case, please do not hesitate to call today at 1 (800) 808-4013.

EB-5 Regional Centers

By |March 24th, 2020|Categories: Immigration Articles|Tags: , |

An EB-5 regional center is an organization designated by the US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) to absorb investments by EB-5 investors seeking permanent residence in the United States through investment. Investing in a regional center is one of two ways that an investor can gain permanent residence in the US through the EB-5 investment program (the other way is through direct investment in a new commercial enterprise).

Form DS-5540 Instructions, Section by Section

By |March 24th, 2020|Categories: Immigration Articles|Tags: , , |

On Feb. 24, 2020, Form DS-5540, Public Charge Questionnaire, became a requirement for most people seeking US permanent residence visas from a US embassy or consulate abroad. The purpose of this form is to allow the examining officer to determine whether it is likely that you will become a “public charge” after you arrive in the United States.

How to file a motion to reopen with the Board of Immigration Appeals

By |March 24th, 2020|Categories: Immigration Articles|Tags: , |

If a person wants to ask the Board of Immigration Appeals to reopen proceedings in which the Board has already rendered a decision to consider new facts or evidence in the case, he or she can file a motion to reopen with the Board.

How to Complete Form I-539

By |March 23rd, 2020|Categories: Immigration Articles|Tags: , , |

Spouses and the unmarried children of treaty investors and employees who currently legally in the United States can request a change in status to E-2 dependent status or an extension of a valid E-2 visa – by filing Form I-539. Current court cases may affect the ability to file a Form I-539. Family members of E-2 investors and employees should review these cases and their rights with experienced immigration attorneys.

L-1 Visa vs H-1B Visa Comparison

By |March 23rd, 2020|Categories: Immigration Articles|Tags: , |

The L-1 and the H-ฺ1B are two of the most popular employment-based US visas. Some people could potentially qualify for either one and for those with the luxury of making a choice, it is important to understand the difference between these two immigration statuses. While the L-1 is preferable for most people, for some people the H-1B is the best choice.

Green Card Applications Filed Outside the United States: The Tough New “Public Charge” Rules

By |March 22nd, 2020|Categories: Immigration Guides|Tags: , , |

The US has a long-standing policy that requires prospective immigrants to prove that they will not become a “public charge” in order to become lawful permanent residents. But what is considered a public charge? You are a public charge if you rely on public benefits. This rule applies both to people seeking visas from overseas through consular processing, and to people seeking adjustment of status through the Department of Homeland Security.

Supporting Documents for Form I-526

By |March 18th, 2020|Categories: Immigration Articles|Tags: , , |

Form I-526, Petition by Alien Investor, is the form you fill out to begin the process of immigrating to the United States in the EB-5 category based on a qualifying investment into a US commercial enterprise. In addition to Form I-526, you must assemble a complete application package with documentation that proves your eligibility. Following is a list of required and recommended documentation needed to support your application.

Immigration Services Throughout the United States


Contact Us

Free Consultation

Toll-Free Call


Subscribe to our Newsletter


Call now for your FREE telephone consult


24/7 Evening & Weekends

Request Free Consultation