Even though you aren’t required by law to hire an attorney to file a car accident claim, we recommend that you talk to an attorney before accepting a settlement offer. Once you sign the release, you cannot get any more money for the claim.
Talking to a personal injury lawyer is a wise choice in any case. However, we strongly recommend that you call a car accident attorney if any of the following situations apply in your case:
- The other driver denies that he or she caused a car accident.
- You are being blamed for the cause of the accident, or a party alleges you contributed to the cause of the crash.
- You sustained severe injuries, including catastrophic or life-threatening injuries.
- The car accident resulted in a disability or permanent impairment.
- You sustained a substantial amount of financial losses related to the car crash.
- The claims adjuster is attempting to settle your claim before you complete medical treatment.
- The accident involves a government vehicle, employee, or entity.
- It is approaching a year since the date of the accident, and the claim is not settled.
- The insurance company denied your insurance claim.
- The auto accident involves multiple vehicles, a commercial vehicle, or a large truck.
A personal injury lawyer understands the laws related to proving fault for the crash and liability for damages. An attorney also understands the tactics used by insurance companies to avoid paying valid injury claims.
Don’t allow an insurance adjuster to tell you that you don’t need a car accident lawyer. You have the right to legal counsel before talking to a claims adjuster or other insurance professional. Protect yourself and your family by exercising your legal rights. You can talk to a lawyer with the Herman Legal Group.
If you have questions about a car accident claim, contact the Herman Legal Group for a consultation with an experienced car accident lawyer. Call 1-800-808-4013 or contact us online. We answer your questions about car accidents, filing injury claims, and maximizing the value of your claim to receive full compensation for all damages.