Are you tired of not getting success while searching for H-1B sponsors to work in the US? This article will provide you with some guidance about how you can find H-1B sponsors if you are a foreign national.
H-1B visas are the most crucial visas for foreign workers as they can work in the US if they possess relevant skills and get a US sponsor. However, lots of potential talent around the world struggles to get an H-1B sponsor.
In this article, we have categorized 6 ways you can search for an H-1B sponsor. These are:
- Search H-1B jobs in the H-1B Visa Sponsors Database
- Find Internships in a US company
- Getting Sponsored by Boutique Consulting Companies
- Look for H-1B Jobs at Global Consulting Companies
- Look for a job in a US university
- Search for oper jobs where you will also get the H-1B sponsorship
Foreign Nationals can Search of H-1B jobs in the H-1B Visa Sponsors Database
The first step to land an H-1B job is to search for company names that have previously sponsored H-1B visas. There are various websites available online where you can search for companies that have sponsored H-1B visas in the past, such as h1bgrader, which contains data published by USCIS and the US Department of Labor (DOL).
Alternatively, you can look at USCIS H-1B Employer Data Hub to search from the official source.
You can search for:
- H-1B companies names and their location.
- H-1B companies with the specific job title.
- You can view the average salary paid by the companies to the H-1B employees.
- You can look at the companies previously filed H-1B petitions and can determine whether the particular company is suitable for you or not.
- You can look for companies based on the location. For example – You search New York to search companies based in New York to check their past H-1B applications.
Make a list of the companies in which you would like to apply for H-1B jobs based on your research. If the list is too long, you can narrow it down by evaluating how many H-1B petitions the company files each year, the number of approvals and rejections, etc.
After making a list, the next big step is applying to the companies. Make a good CV that contains relevant educational qualifications and work experience as required by the job you are applying for. Write a fantastic application and send it to all of the companies on your list.
It may not be necessary that response from all the companies will be positive; however, there is a strong possibility that you will get an interview call from a few companies on your list.
Find Internships in a US company
International students who are either completing their bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in the US such as students on an F1 visa can apply for internships in US companies. Internships are one of the best ways to find an H-1B sponsor.
So how can you find an internship that will lead you to get an H-1B visa? It is not difficult to find companies that will sponsor your H-1B visa if you are already in the US. All you have to do is to follow one of the following steps:
Find companies that have sponsored H-1B petitions in the past for the interns. Check if there are any internship opportunities available in the company and make a list of all such companies. Now send an application showing your interest in the internship opportunities with your CV and keep patience for getting a positive response.
You can be proactive from the start and can attend job fairs to expand your information about companies.
Another way is to use your personal connections to get an internship opportunity. We believe that technology has made it much easier to build connections than it used to be in the past. And, you can use this as an advantage to land an H-1B job.
For example – we recommend Linkedin to increase your professional connections. Use your specialized knowledge to navigate through the Linkedin platform, use the search options to look for employer name, job title, employers working in the company, etc.
Contact them directly and ask them if there are any internship opportunities available and how they can help you.
Look for H-1B Jobs Large Global Consulting Companies
As a foreign national, you have to know all your available options for an H1b work visa. You can look for a job in global consulting companies such as TCS or WIPRO that may have various job roles available and have done many H-1B visa petitions in the past.
You can apply for specialty occupation jobs or niche jobs to increase your chances of getting a job offer from the company.
For example – If you possess great investment knowledge, you can be an ideal candidate for jobs related to investment consultancy.
Employers are likely to sponsor your H-1B petition if you work in a niche. You can also negotiate with the company to sponsor your H-1B petition by showing them your skills, experience, and capability that you are their best option for the specific job title.
Look for a Job in a US University
You may be interested in working in an academic or research institution in the US. The best time to start looking for these opportunities is when you are on a student visa in the US. The H-1B visas sponsored by most US universities do not add to the H-1B cap; therefore, you might have an advantage over others if the university accepts your job position.
However, that’s not it; you should keep in mind that if your H-1B visa has a university sponsor, then you might not be able to switch to a normal H-1B sponsor like a company. Most of the universities provide open roles on their website. Go and check the university website and see if there is any position suitable for you.
Search for Oper Jobs Where you will also get the H-1B Sponsorship?
Applying for a job in the companies that sponsor H-1B Visas is perhaps the most logical way to find an H-1B sponsor. The company that looks for foreign workers will upload the details of the job, such as the job role, job title, employer name, etc, on some online websites.
You can search for these jobs and apply directly to these companies. Some of the websites that provide US job information are Monster, Dice, and Careerbuilder. You can find jobs in the companies that have vacancies. This process is similar to finding jobs at H-1B Visa Sponsors Database.
You can create a list of jobs that you want to apply to, narrow it with factors such as jobs posted in the last 30 days, have previously sponsored H-1B visa, etc., and apply to the job.
Getting Sponsored by Boutique Consulting Companies
When you foresee that there is no business that is ready to petition your H-1B visa, you can have Boutique Consulting Companies as your backup. They are small companies that are ready to sponsor you for an H-1B visa if you pay them to sponsor you.
We do not recommend you this option as this is considered as ILLEGAL in the US, and you may fall in trouble if the authorities have reasons to believe that your H-1B petition is not bonafide. We will suggest you keep searching and wait for the right and interested sponsor if you are not able to find one.
However, it is totally up to you if you want to take the risk. If you decide to pay your H-1B visa sponsors to get a sponsorship, make sure that you have a credible network on which you can trust and that the business is not a fraud one that will take money from you and do not sponsor your application.
Obviously, if that happens, you will be in a dilemma to go to the authorities as you had paid the money to do fraud. Another thing is making sure that the background of the company is good. If the company has bad records, your application may be subject to heavy scrutinization for fraud.
Advice from Herman Legal Group
To land an H-1B job, we advise you to be proactive with the process and follow some of the below tips:
- Update your resume with all the new skills you gain.
- Make personalized job applications targeting the specific job requirements and how you can fulfill that.
- Make good use of your connections. This might be a powerful weapon in your hand which can quickly land you a job. If you do not have connections, there is still time to build them. Start making professional links with the persons that are related to your work area.
- Spend more time in a job search and make a list. Make sure to apply in them as well.
- Take the help of professionals in building a CV, making applications, and preparing you for the job interview.
- Write some strong qualities of you that you can negotiate to convince the US employer to sponsor your H-1B visa application.
- Be quick and flexible with the whole process.
- Lastly, do not get disappointed if you are not landing jobs. You have to keep patience.
How Herman Legal Group Can Help You?
Herman Legal Group deals in comprehensive immigration services ranging from getting an employment visa to applying for a green card. We understand your need to get an H 1b sponsor, and we can guide you on the effective ways from which you can get an H 1b visa. You can contact us to talk to one of our experienced immigration attorneys.
Our consultation services are both offline and online, so even if you are sitting outside the US, say India or China, and want some guidance, you can have that online from Herman Legal Group.
Related Post About H-2B Visa:
- H-1B Labor Condition Application
- H-1B for Entrepreneurs and Startups (Self-Sponsorship)
- Everything You Need To Know About H-2B Visa Cap
- Supplement to H-2B Cap – The Only Guide You Need
Related Post About H-1B Visa:
- Everything You Need To Know About H-1B Myths vs Facts
- What H-1B Lottery Results Says About Odds?
- Can an H-1B Holder Start a Business?
- H-1B Lottery 2022 (fy 2023)
- Form H-1B to Marriage Green Card
- L-1 Visa vs H-1B Visa Comparison
- The Labor Condition Petition (LCA) for H-1B Workers
- H-1B Visa: The Complete Guide
- H-4 Visa Status for Dependents of H-1B workers
- Changing Jobs in Midstream: H-1B Portability
- The H-1B to Green Card Transition Through PERM Labor Certification
- H-1B Visa Cap 2022 (fy 2023)
Our Clients Success Stories